Celebrate and Taste Washington Wine
The Taste Washington festival cannot happen as usual this year, but numerous wineries, restaurants, and hotels across the state are putting their best foot forward, creating unique ways to celebrate our special industry safely throughout the month of March. Fielding Hills Winery is no exception, we are partnering with some incredibly talented and passionate folks to bring you a wine, and an experience, worth sharing! Please read below and sign up for our newsletter for early access to our monthly and weekly specials.
Monthlong Promotions (begin February 27th via our weekly email newsletter)
Week Long Promotions (begin each Saturday via our weekly email newsletter)
Promotions and associated discounts will “open” Saturday of the corresponding week and “close” the following Sunday, unless noted below.
Week 1: “Cabernet & Casserole” Promotion (Feb 27 – March 7)
Don Elsing, Tasting Room Manager at Fielding Hills Winery, has partnered with Culinary Apple in downtown Chelan and TM Ranch in Manson to bring you a delicious Beef Casserole with Le Gruyère AOP Herb Scones that makes our 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon shine! Don’s step-by-step guide to his recipe includes a review of some of his must-have kitchen gadgets from our friends at Culinary Apple. In addition, a few helpful trick are below. For a shopping list and the full recipe, click the button. Plus, Wine Club Members receive 15% off our 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon and Customers receive 5% off during the Cabernet & Casserole Week.Get the full recipe Get the wine
Don’s tips for his Beef Casserole with Le Gruyère AOP Herb Scones:
- I use TM Ranch beef, lamb or pork whenever possible. Thiago, Meagan, and little Luca are using sustainable farming practices to produce premium quality farm products and it shows in the final product. Reach out to these Manson locals and reserve your meat now, the pigs are going quick!
- The best way to get a consistent thickness on onions, or really any sliced ingredient, is to use a mandolin to slice or julienne. I use this one from Culinary Apple.
- When you are chopping and pressing your garlic, I recommend using a Rösle Garlic Press. They a
re low hassle and easy to clean, plus they are very durable. You can pick one up from Culinary Apple, too.
- Use a donut, biscuit cutter to cut out the scones…it is quick and simple. (The best one I’ve found is at Culinary Apple
Week 2: “Chardonnay & Catch of the Day” Promotion (March 6-14)
Premier Catch + Fielding Hills Bundles are back! Last October, we hosted a pop-up with the talented team at Premier Catch. You’ve been asking when they’d be back and now is your chance! With pop ups in both Chelan and Mercer Island you’ve got two locations to get your fresh caught fix. Be aware: you must preorder your bundle by March 10th to receive by the 12th or 13th!
When you are ordering your bundle place a note in the order dictating whether you prefer to pick up on 3/12/21 from 10am – 2pm at Eat Local/Performance Kitchen Crafted (7635 SE 27th St, Mercer Island WA 98040) or at Fielding Hills Winery on 3/13/21 from 11am – 5pm.
Week 3: “Syrah & Barbecue” Promotion (March 13-21)
This week are introducing a bundle of Syrah and a secret seasoning salt from CheffyK. This salt includes FRESH garlic salt and a blend of three, dried chilis giving this chipotle-forward seasoning a mouthwatering, ultra savory, bacon-like aroma and mild, core-warming heat!
Our Syrah & Seasoning Bundle is available by clicking here. It features the following wines a free seasoning tin AND between March 15th – 21st will be discounted to our wine club membership. Join one of our wine clubs this month and start earning your standard discounts, bonus #TasteWA discounts, AND $10.00 gift card.
- 2015 Lake Chelan Syrah
- 2015 Riverbend Syrah (91 points Wine Enthusiast | 92 points Washington Wine Blog)
- 2015 Barrel Select Syrah
Week 4: “Red Blends & Family Recipes” Promotion (March 20-28)
Our proprietary red blend, Tribute, pays homage to the namesake of Fielding Hills Winery, Isham Fielding Wade. During this week, founding winemaker and owners Mike and Karen Wade share a family recipe that pairs with our Tribute. The recipe is simple, easy to follow, and is near and dear to the Wade family. It has been passed down three generations from Ike’s wife’s kitchen.Get the full recipe Buy our 2017 Tribute
Learn more about the history of Fielding Hills
Week 5: NEW WINE Release to ALL Wine Clubs (March 27 – April 3)
In celebration of Taste Washington we are wrapping up the month by releasing our Barrel Select wines at a special wine club only price. Until the end of April, wine club members get these wines at 30% discount. We cannot stress the uniqueness of these wines enough, as we guide the wine through the winemaking process we select the very best barrel of each varietal and bottle it at 100%. The resulting wine is an uninterrupted and honest representation of the vineyard. With limited production, these wines typically sell out within a few months of release and rarely available.
Our 2016 Barrel Select wines are single varietal, single vineyard, and classically bold Fielding Hills wines. Only 25 cases are produced of each wine.
- 2016 Barrel Select Syrah – a classic showcase of Wahluke Slope. The mouthfeel is peppery with dark cherry and blackberry – a balanced and lingering finish – Click to Acquire.
- 2016 Barrel Select Cabernet Sauvignon – envelopes you in dark fruit and black pepper with hints of forest floor – a lingering, balanced finish. – Click to Acquire.
- 2016 Barrel Select Merlot – features dark coca, slight coffee, star anise. With soft oaky tanins, it is a Cabernet Sauvignon lover’s Merlot. – Click to Acquire.
- 2016 Barrel Select Cabernet Franc – features notes of ripe red fruit, jammy with a flinty nose. It is balanced and integrated. – Click to Acquire.
We encourage you to visit tastewashington.org, for more statewide information. If you’re feeling extra social, please tag @fieldinghillswinery in your posts and sign up for our newsletter to receive early access to our monthlong and weekly specials. Some other accounts with contests and activations worth tagging/following are: @taste.washington, @visitseattle, @wa_state_wine